Then balance your checkbook, brown bag it to lunch for the week and save up your $10 to purchase this book (which you can do here: Smashwords - How To Grow An Orange: The Right Way To Brainwash Your Child Into). For some, that may mean just being grumpy to the other half and some co-workers for a few days and cutting out some coffee in your work week. However you can do it, do it as soon as possible.
Each year, thousands of children make the unfortunate mistake to attend schools like Rutgers, UConn and even Georgetown. With this book, you can help your child avoid such sad future choices and that is worth the price alone. The great poet Whitney Houston once said, "I believe the children our are future...teach them well and led them lead the way." Follow her lead (though just say no to drugs because if you have heard her sing lately, she sings like a Hoya does, well anything) and help to educate our future generation the proper way. Socrates would be proud of you.
If you still are not sure, please let the greatest college basketball coach in the history of the sport explain why you should trust Sean to help mentor your children along with you and your spouse/baby mama:
BUY IT TODAY OR YOU WILL BE LISTED AS A HOYA SYMPATHIZER!
I may have a couple interviews in the works over the next couple weeks and even a couple ideas finally I can get around to now that I have adjusted to this computer but in the meantime, here is a fun top 12 list to enjoy to help you pass the time(also please enjoy the newest edition to the page, an awesome sketch by @MBorkowski).
Top 12 Syracuse Fantasies I Have Had Over The Years:
12. Running into a SU coach in public and saying Go Orange! (the only one actually accomplished years ago when I ran into Coach P at BJ's back when he coached SU football and the guy was awesome).
11. Nickname a child either Pearl or 44.
10. Sex anywhere in the Carrier Dome but would settle for a wedding proposal if I ever got married again which I am not thrilled at the prospects of doing right now.
9. Interviewing one of many SU sports figures from my childhood for my blog (Sherman Douglas or Pearl would be the tops).
8. Winning the lottery so I can get season tickets for every SU sport and bring along some fans who otherwise would not be able to get tickets.
7. A Syracuse based TV show that uses a lot of Orangemen either current or past (maybe an Otto based Saturday morning cartoon teaching kids moral lessons every episode).
6. Having Otto or something SU related painted onto my car or my house.
5. Becoming a celebrity just so I can receive a honorary degree from Syracuse University.
4. Winning one of those Dunk and Bright orange recliners during a Syracuse game.
3. A Syracuse tattoo (which I may do one day if I can decide on the right design and location).
2. Tully's opening up a sports bar in the Charlotte, North Carolina area and keeping the Syracuse sports layout.
I will admit up front, I am pro-Big East. I do not want to see them fall apart. I do not want to see Syracuse end up in the Big Ten, Big 12, ACC or whatever other conference they may get rumored to join this week. I do however think that a majority of the issue could be resolved if the Big East would be proactive and stop letting people attack them without a fight. Here are the 15 things I think would help make the Big East more relevant and in some cases, appeal more to the Syracuse folks. Yes some are for my own cheap amusement but some I think are steps they need to explore.
Top 15 Things The Big East Should Do To Keep SU And Not Become Extinct
15. Split football into two divisions and have a Big East Football Championship Game either in a neutral city or rotating cities among Big East home towns.
14. Paint the field for the championship game orange.
13. Allow the athletes to be paid whatever compensation someone is willing to pay them.
12. Make the games more interactive by showing tweets at the bottom of the screen that use the hashtag #BigEastFootball and maybe have the announcers comment on them occasionally.
11. Rename New York City "South Syracuse" since it will appeal to SU administration and some of the so-called experts thinks its a home field advantage already. This will help ensure we get more "Syracuse" recruits.
10. Sell the naming rights for the Big East to the highest bidder. The Pizza Hut Supreme East? The Big Nike?
9. Offer Dr. Gross and Dr. Cantor executive jobs for life working for the Big East including a house in every Big East city loaded with Dome Dogs, Otto's snacks, and Cristal (and a few Labatt's Blue). Also rename all post season tournaments The Dr Daryl Gross Invitational.
8. Get Matt Park to do the weekly televised football game of the week along with Jim Brown and some of the Citrus TV students to help out in studio and on sidelines.
7. Night games will feature a strip show at halftime.
6. Make either Jim Boeheim or Coach Mac the Big East commissioner in waiting.
5. Tell Villanova they have 3 years to develop their football program into a BCS level contender and tell Georgetown, Seton Hall, and St. Johns to explore their options now or be left out when the league gets better.
4. Make Notre Dame a lucrative offer to join the football conference and inform them that if they turn it down, take all other sports with them on their way out the door.
3. Reach out to the military academies and make all three an offer to join (Army, Navy and Air Force). Getting all three will boost their rivalry games and make it a part of the Big East tradition as well as offer competitive games.
2. If you thought 3&4 would help, I am also going to include further EXPANSION ideas such as teams like ECU, UNC-Charlotte, Boise State, and maybe a Texas school or any other credible teams either developing their programs or with reputable names to join within the next 2-3 years. If it takes big money and the team is on the right track, spend it and it will pay off later when the Big East not only still exists but is a factor in college football again.
1. Explore the possibility of signing on with a network that already has major cable/satellite distribution and make that your premiere network instead of investing in the Big East channel. It will be cheaper and this rate, you will just need to maybe help get them more exposure, especially if its someone like SNY who has a good regional network but needs help getting a better deal with more cable and satellite companies. Many of these ideas may cost a lot of money but it's better to find avenues to get the money now than lose money later when teams leave and you are a step away from being a Division III conference.