Saturday, February 21, 2009

Post Standard's Sean Kirst Remembers Syracuse Nationals Owner Danny Biasone On His 100th Birthday

I was looking through the video section of www.syracuse.com and found this great work by Sean Kirst with an assist by Dolph Schayes (father of one of my biggest childhood favorites Danny Schayes). It talks about the owner of the Syracuse Nationals Danny Biasone, who would be 100 years old this year. For those who don't care about that aspect of history, this is also the man who is responsible for the 24 second shot clock to help speed up the game. The Nationals are an important part of Syracuse history and makes me proud to say I was raised in Syracuse when you see appreciation such as this. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Sean Kirst: Remembering Danny Biasone

No comments: