Thursday, February 19, 2009

Syracuse Verses Rochester-The Show In The Snow?

First Axe drops word of this on his show and in this column http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ssf/2009/02/outdoor_games_and_thinking_out.html and then I find the video from WTVH 5 that the Syracuse Crunch and Chiefs are in talks to play an outdoor hockey game next year at Alliance Bank Stadium. No opponent has been named (Rochester is my top pick though) or details finalized but I can't help but think it would be a great idea. Yes I know its winter in Syracuse but off the success the NHL has had with these games, why not give it a try? Whats next, Dave Matthews Band playing in ABS this....oh you heard about that already, my bad. Anyway, you have to give the Chiefs staff an A+ for planning top notch events for the stadium in the future. Then again, with the problems Crunch officials are having with the War Memorial, maybe this is just a way to scout out a new home. Just kidding....I think.

Crunch hockey team looks to play outdoor game next season

No comments: