Friday, June 27, 2008

Greene And Gilbeaux

OK so nothing like posting a story only to actually go to bed at a decent hour(depending on who sets the hours I guess) and news changing. Donte Greene is drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies only to be traded later to the Houston Rockets. So what do you think he is thinking about more, not playing beside Warrick or being on a playoff team that when healthy, has the potential to win the title(if McGrady can overcome his first round jinx)? I think Donte will enjoy his time in Houston and I say that as someone who loves that city, spent a lot of time there and knows that a healthy McGrady will only help Donte and the Rockets team. Donte, if by some lottery winning chance your reading this blog, may I recommend the Katy area for your residency. Also, congrats on being drafted and I wish you the best of luck in the NBA.
Now onto the bad news for today and it involves another Orange, this time a football player. Donnie Webb of syracuse.com is reporting that Syracuse defensive end Brandon Gilbeaux will not play this season as he is suspended for academic reasons joining wide receiver Mike Williams as two guys not helping to improve this team for this upcoming season. Donnie reports that he is unsure of what Gilbeaux will do as Williams contemplates attending OCC (Onondaga Community College) for the next semester. Apparently Brandon lost his appeal of this situation but I wish him the best of luck straightening things out. College is not easy for everyone and some students just have a bad semester so we will see. Tune in to my next blog because I have a story that is somewhat related to this and my opinion of college athletes.

No comments: