Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Welcome My Friend To The Show That Hopefully Never Ends

As the title implies, welcome my family and friends to my first entry into the blogesphere, minus those myspace ones of course. For those of you who want to know what I plan to do with this space, please allow me to share a bit with you. This will mostly be centered around sports but occasionally I will share an opinion on pop culture items, politics or anything else if something is of interest enough for me to comment. I would modestly estimate 90% will be sports related though but again, pending whats going on in my world and what I feel needs to be discussed.
As for the sports topics, there is a very likely chance that some of that will be centered around my favorite teams which include Syracuse Orange (hence the orange in the name), the New York Mets and as far as minor league baseball the Syracuse Chiefs and Kannapolis Intimidators, Carolina Panthers, Pittsburgh Penguins(with a minor in Carolina Hurricanes and try to follow the Syracuse Crunch and Charlotte Checkers which are two levels of minor league hockey). I also enjoy professional wrestling and MMA and occasional other sports as well. If you dont like MMA or wrestling, sorry but I have a wide variety of interests and enjoy them and from time to time may blog about them as well. As you may have noticed, I did not list an NBA team as I have little interest in their current product and unless a former Orange player is involved, I rarely even care.
For those of you who don't know me period, I am a 35 year old life long sports fan. I played 8 years of little league baseball and loved every minute of it and baseball is my favorite sport of all(I still get goosebumps sometimes when spring comes around). I am married with 3 kids and live outside Charlotte, NC in a small town called China Grove(cue the Doobie Brothers if you must). I was born in Germany, raised in Syracuse New York area before moving to Pittsburgh for a few years and then joining the U. S. Army for 4 years and settling here in 1996. Within 20 minutes of me are my parents, my brother and sister and their families and some of the other side of my family as well including my in laws. Anything else you need to know about me, I may be willing to share later or you will learn in my writing, I am sure.
Last but not least, lets explain why I am doing this. Those who know me, know I have two things I am very passionate about besides my family, writing and sports. I love writing anything just to vent the creative side of me and even have a book published titled Jake's Fate that I kindly refer to as my lesson in publishing 101 due to some mistakes I made. I am proud of the story and will probably attempt to get another published, hopefully improving from what I learned. But I have always wanted to write and be involved in sports and why not blog, everyone else is, right? I will share news I learned elsewhere(always crediting people properly when I use their stuff), share opinions but try to avoid personal attacks at all costs and hope those who read do the same. So, if you have a differing opinion on a subject, please feel free to share and you never know, I may not be too old to learn a new trick or two.
I thank you for taking the time out to read this and hope everyone enjoys this experience as much as I will, although now my wife will lose her computer for hours more but think she is used to it by now(love you baby :). Please, feel free to comment or email me with anything you like and I will do my best to reply in some form or fashion when I can. Take care and I hope you enjoy The Big Orange Bloggin Chuck.

No comments: