Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sorry For The Change But Hope The New Name Is Better

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to those of you who had to work to either find the blog or change things. I simply wanted a chance to make a more neutral name in case anyone is interested in joining the blog at some point or in the event I end up back in the military and someone likes the name,they can use it. I thought it would switch automatically but as you can see, I was wrong. Maybe if I was smarter, I would have just changed the title and warned in advance to see if I could learn more about what all was involved. Anyway, I truly am sorry for any extra work it caused you and hope the same people will still find me when they feel up to it.

By the way, if anyone is interested in contributing, I am always more then happy to accept applications. My only prerequisite is you enjoy sports, keep the cursing to a minimum, and try to be positive as often as you can. Especially if you have a good sense of humor or just want to write something without the responsibility of running a blog to help practice or build up your resume.

Oh and for those curious, the idea for The Big Orange is inspired by my idea to one day open my own sports bar and grill that focuses on pizza, wings, and sandwiches (essentially a one page menu). I have a dream to take a building close to the interstate in North Carolina and paint it orange and so bright that you can't miss it and when they ask where the name came from, I can say, "it's the big orange building you can't miss that does not look like Home Depot." I also will continue to use the Orange Chuck name only because, well, I like it haha.

No comments: