For those who don't know, today is the 140th birthday celebration of the greatest university known to man kind, Syracuse University of course. In tribute to the Orange in which I bleed, I compiled a list of the 12 reasons you should love this school.
Top 12 Reasons To Celebrate Syracuse University's 140th Birthday
12. Nobody knows business like Whitman's School Of Management
11. Football may have struggled recently but we have a rich history and are now on the right track with Coach Doug Marrone
10. Sean Keeley, Brian Harrison and The Glaude could kick your school blogger's butt and yes, all three are SU graduates.
9. Your school closes when the weather man predicts snow in his forecast. At Syracuse, if you can open your door, class is in session.
8. Remember the name Sidearm Sports because it is the perfect example of why your school is trying to catch up to technology while Syracuse's iSchool is leading the way.
7. Syracuse is not just a one sport school and as proof, has won championships in several sports ( 2003 and 1926 men's basketball, 1959 football team, 14 lacrosse championships and many more with more to come).
6. Newhouse has produced so many great voices in the media that it would take all day to list them.
5. That is a Syracuse Law graduate one heart beat away from the presidency.
4. Coach Boeheim has the greatest men's basketball program in the country and Coach Q is establishing the women's team into a contender.
3. Dino's, Tully's, Chuck's, Faegan's and Zebb's make being at Syracuse a better environment, especially on game days.
2. The list of athletes that attended Syracuse include names that have revolutionized sports like Brown, Gait, Monk, Freeney, Pearl, Davis and the list is endless.
1. 44 is more than a number, it is part of Syracuse tradition and just the mention of the number give a Syracuse fan goosebumps of joy and make you proud to bleed Orange.