Sunday, August 31, 2008

5 Guys Signed To Panthers Practice Squad And One Is Orange

Today, http://www.panthers.com/ released that 5 guys have been named after they cleared waivers from yesterday's cuts to their practice squad for your Carolina Panthers. At the top of the list for me and in my heart is #38 undrafted rookie safety from Syracuse University Joe Fields. I can't express how happy I am for Joe and how much I hope to see him possibly in a Panthers jersey on the field soon. I know Coach Fox and GM Marty Hurney are in the hot seat according to media outlets but I think Joe had a good preseason and can make a great player someday soon. Obviously, things can change overnight but for right now, I am so proud to be a Panther fan.

The other four guys who were named to the practice squad today were running back Decori Birmingham, wide receiver William Buchanon, defensive tackle Nick Hayden and offensive tackle Geoff Schwartz. I had hoped safety Terrence Holt would make the squad as well but two safeties would not really be feasible and would probably cost Joe his roster spot. Otherwise, I have no issue with the names they added and this is not the time of year any coach enjoys because any guy you release could make you regret it later with another team but you have to choose the guys you think will give you the best team on Sundays.

No comments: