Friday, August 8, 2008

Joe Fields Update For Preseason Game Against Colts Saturday Night

David Scott blogging over at www.charlotteobserver.com has the depth chart for the upcoming Saturday night game against the Indianapolis Colts. For the full list, just click on their blog link to the left of the page. For those Orange fans wanting to know the status of former Orange captain Joe Fields I can tell you that they have Joe listed at 3rd on the depth chart at strong safety behind, in order, Chris Harris and Terrence Holt, with this roster subject to injury of course. That is a factor since Chris Harris sat out Thursday's practice with an upper leg injury/groin strain so unless its just a precautionary measure, there is a chance Holt will take the starting nod with Joe Fields possibly getting a lot of on field time during the second half of the game. Joe is obviously the long shot at strong safety to make this roster so he will need to take advantage of every chance he gets when he can see some playing time to prove he deserves a chance. Chris Harris did a good job last year when he came over from Chicago and Holt was signed in the offseason to help give some strength at this position. All I can say is good luck to Joe. I will be trying to watch when I get home from the airport Saturday night but since I have no sports fans in my house with me, it won't be easy but I will try my best.

No comments: