Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Former Orange And Two Former Bobcats Traded For Each Other

That's right, last night in the NBA, the Utah Jazz traded former Syracuse Orange/Charlotte Bobcat Jason Hart to the L.A. Clippers for former Charlotte Bobcat Brevin Knight. Both men are talented players who have seen their share of trades since they have been in the NBA. You all know by now I am not a huge NBA fan but it involved some Orange so I figured why not comment. Plus, when the Bobcats first started, part of the reason I started to follow it was because I wanted to follow and root for Jason Hart. I never could find his jersey for a reasonable price but it was not for lack of trying(yes I am cheap, get over it). I ended up with an Emeka Okafur jersey instead and Hart was unfortunately traded soon anyway. I found it crazy when I saw that not only was it a straight up trade but that it was two former Bobcat guards who helped this team get started as they began their expansion into Charlotte and the NBA. I wish both men the best of luck in the future and wonder if either player will benefit more from this trade. With the off season the Clippers have seen, who knows what that team will do so I hope Jason goes in there and wins them over.

Thanks for the reminder from the awesome Troy Nunes Is An Absolute Magician for pointing out that this will be Hart's second appearance in a Clipper jersey. I told you all I have a bad memory so bare with me. Maybe I should have done more homework on that one before posting it huh? Might be a good idea for the future.

No comments: