Monday, July 28, 2008

Syracuse Lacrosse Hardcore Fans, This One Is For You

Found this article on SUAthletics.com, which I am not a member because I can't afford it but check out the free version occasionally, and it discusses how Major League Lacrosse is having an auction of game worn autographed jerseys from the MLL all-star game recently. I can tell you as someone who has worked with Special Olympics twice now, it's one of the heartwarming times in my life that I still look back on and wish I did more often. Anyway, up for bid are the jerseys of former Orange players Ryan Powell, which last I checked was up to $900, and Steven Brooks, which is going for $650 as of this writing. I am sure the Special Olympics will appreciate any money it can make to provide those who participate the best experience possible. So far, the top earner is the rookie from Johns Hopkins Paul Rabil whose jersey is up to $1,100, which Powell in second place. If anyone is reading this with some money in their pocket and wants to donate to a great cause, this would be an awesome souvenir and we can show some Orange love and that we can top Johns Hopkins again. Go Orange and if you can, support the Special Olympics and by the way, below is the link if your wanting to look or bid yourself.

http://www.majorleaguelacrosse.com/fanzone/auctions/index.html?frm[sort]=datediff+asc%2C+sort&frm[t]=0

No comments: