Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kannapolis Intimidators Update

Hey baseball fans, I have realized that my other favorite baseball team has not seen any love in my blog yet. So how about updating people as to why you should continue to show your support for this team? You can check them out at their website http://www.kannapolisintimidators.com/ as well for more updates and listen to the games live with Orange grad Dan Bumpus providing the excellent play by play for us fans to enjoy as though we are there at the game.

I have some facts to show why this team needs your support, especially at the Cannon if your in Kannapolis, North Carolina or want to listen to the feed live on their website. For those of you unaware, the South Atlantic League playoff format is set up so that the winner of the first half of the season plays the winner of the second half. Needless to say, the Intimidators were still finding their groove and failed to win the first half so they will have to win the second to make the postseason. Right now, your Kannapolis Intimidators are in third place but only one game out of first place with Columbus leading and Augusta 1/2 back from Columbus. They are in Rome, Georgia in the midst of a four game series there and will return home on the 16th of July to start a four game set with Charleston and then four more with Savannah. If your considering attending those games, the promotions include Guys Night Out as well as Thirsty Thursday on July 17th, Baseball Cards and Baseball Giveaway Night(baseballs for the first 100 fans and cards for the first 1000 fans) on July 18th, Fireworks at the Cannon on the 19th and on the 21st for those of you on a tight budget or just like cheap food, how about .50 hot dogs all night long on the 21st. So see, good competitive baseball and some great promotions, can't beat that so go on out to the stadium and show some love for your Intimidators.

From a personal perspective, I will add that I have attended several games there and I always enjoy myself when I go. For anyone who stuck with this who doesn't live in Kannapolis or the surrounding area, support your local minor league team and I bet what you will find is that you enjoyed yourself and may become addicted to it like I am or check out Bumpus online at http://www.kannapolisintimidators.com/. I have sat in general admission and reserved seating all around the stadium and I loved both sides of the field, especially general admission so I can move around based on where the sun is at the time. Tickets are as low as $4 and as high as $7, except the suites but even those are not highly priced for what they normally would be if you got suites for some other sporting event. I will usually be there either sporting my Orange or my Intimidators gear when I can chugging a Dew and dog and probably as soon as the gates open so I can get my food before the lines and have time to check out the store as well. So come on, show some Intimidating love and support this team and the organization. Go Intimidators!

No comments: